We are ready to announce the dates and format of the Ist International Competition
«West — Siberia — East»: Е. М. Zinger Piano Competition
The Ist International Competition «West — Siberia — East»: Е. М. Zinger Piano Competition will be held within 27 October – 3 November, 2020 in Novosibirsk. You can apply or change the already sent application until 20 September.
In order to prevent the spreading of COVID-19, the Competition will be held in two formats:
- Live competition (in full accordance with the information and requirements published earlier);
- Extramural competition via video-recordings. Program requirements for participants of both formats are identical. Videos for each round must be recorded on one video camera from the same point so that one could see the participant at full height, piano keyboard and pedals. They must be recorded as single video clips, no cutting or dividing the file into separate vocal pieces is allowed. Video files must be named in the following order: the participant’s name and surname, their age group, round number (for III and IV groups), for example: Mary Smith, III group, 2 round. The recordings must be uploaded on YouTube, links to videos must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 October, 2020. Each participant bears responsibility for the availability of their link. Those participants who have sent the videos after the given date, or whose links are not working, will not be judged by the jury.
The jury will announce laureates and diploma winners in each format. The results will be announced on 3 November. Winners’ diplomas and certificates of acknowledgement for teachers, who have prepared extramural participants, will be sent in an electronic form. You can request them in printed form before 15 October (it is necessary to indicate the precise postal address with index, full name and contact number of the recipient). We will send them by post before 20 November.
All the applications sent earlier remain relevant up to the end of the Competition. Those participants who have applied for live competition can switch to extramural format if they wish so. Age groups division shall remain the same as it had been on 24 March, 2020. Those participants who have reached the next age group by autumn 2020, can change their age group only by their own volition. In such case they have to inform the Organizing Committee about their decision and the changes in their program in accordance with the requirements before 20 September, 2020. The participants wishing to remain in their current age group can also change their program assuming they have informed the Organizing Committee before 20 September, 2020. Each applicant of the Competition can change their program in accordance with the requirements set to their age group assuming they have informed the Organizing Committee before 20 September, 2020.
The entrance fee is 4000 roubles for each participant disregarding the format.
For live competition participants: the fee should be paid either in cash when arriving at the Competition (while registering), or through the banking details provided at the website www.nsglinka.ru in the section “General Information” – “Structure of the Conservatoire” – “Banking Details”.
Extramural competition participants should note that the fee should be paid through the banking details provided at the website www.nsglinka.ru in the section “General Information” – “Structure of the Conservatoire” – “Banking Details” before 20 October, 2020. The participants who have not paid the fee on time will not be judged by the jury.
Provision for holding the I International Competition «West — Siberia — East»:
E.M. Zinger International Piano Competition
- General Conditions
The Founder and Organizer of the I International Competition «West — Siberia — East»: Piano Competition named after Е. М. Zinger (hereinafter referred to as the Competition) shall be M. I. Glinka Novosibirsk State Conservatoire (hereinafter referred to as the Conservatoire).
The Competition is aimed at finding and creatively developing gifted performers, encouraging an amelioration of the quality of teaching in piano classes at children’s music and art schools, and music colleges, as well as ensuring the strengthening of bounds between the institutions of primary and secondary music education and the Conservatoire.
- Competition Conditions
2.1. The Competition is held among the students of children’s music and art schools, students and graduates of art colleges, teachers of children’s music and art schools, art colleges and higher educational institutions in the following age groups:
|I group||10 year olds and younger|
|II group||11 — 14 year olds|
|III group||15 — 18 year olds|
|IV group||19 — 22 year olds|
|V group||23 — 35 year olds|
2.2. Auditions for the Competition consist of one round for the I and II groups, two rounds for the III and IV groups, and three rounds for the V age group.
2.3. No more than a half of the participants of the first round who have got no less than 18 points at the 25-pointed estimate system will be admitted to the second round from the III and IV age groups. No more than four participants from the V age group who have scored most at the 25-pointed estimate system will be admitted to the third round.
2.4. The order of the performing in the Competition is determined by drawing lots in each age group and shall remain unchanged until the end of the Competition. Each participant will be provided with the opportunity of the acoustic rehearsal (no more than 15 min) before each round.
2.5. The Organizing Committee reserves all the rights on audio- and video recording of the participants’ performances and also on using these recordings for advertising, informational, and teaching purposes without paying any extra fees to the participants.
2.6. Program requirements are attached. All the pieces are to be performed from memory.
- Period and Order of the Competition
3.1. The Competition will be held at the Conservatoire from March 24 to March 31, 2020.
3.2. The applications are accepted until February 1, 2020 at the following post address: 630099, Novosibirsk city, 31 Sovetskaya street, office 105, or at the following e-mail address (an applicant should send a scan of their application sealed by the Head of the Organisation and a Word document): email@example.com. Regardless of the way of submitting the original application form, it is obligatory to have an electronic Word document filled. Contact number — 8 (383) 222-56-87.
3.3. Applications submitted after the stated date shall not be considered. The Organizing Committee has the right to enhance the period of taking the applications. Programs which exceed the stated timing shall not be accepted for the Competition.
3.4. Order of the Competition in 2020:
March, 24 — arrival of the participants, opening of the Competition, drawing lots;
March, 25 — 1 round, audition for the participants of the V and IV age groups;
March, 26 — audition for the participants of the I age group and 1 round of the III age group;
March, 27 — audition for the participants of the II age group;
March, 28 — 2 round, audition for the participants of the V and IV age groups;
March, 29 — 2 round, audition for the participants of the III age group;
March, 30 — 3 round, audition for the participants of the V age group;
March, 31 — closing of the Competition, gala-concert of the laureates.
Dates of auditions in different age groups are liable to changes due to the number of received applications.
- Financial Terms
4.1. The entrance fee is 4000 rubles for each participant. It should be paid either in cash when arriving at the Competition, or through the banking details provided at the website www.nsglinka.ru in the section “General Information” – “Structure of the Conservatoire” – “Banking Details”.
4.2. In case of paying through bank details documents appropriate for drawing a contract are accepted no later than 10 days before the start of the Competition.
4.3. Travelling, food and accommodation expanses of the participants and those accompanying them shall be covered by themselves or by the organisations sending them.
- Prizes and awards
5.1. Participants who will get the 1, 2 and 3 places in each age group will become the laureates of the Competition of the 1, 2 and 3 degree accordingly.
5.2. Participants who will get next three places according to the number of their points will become the diploma winners.
5.3. The Jury shall vote openly at the end of the 2 round in III, IV age groups and at the end of the 3 round in the V age group.
5.4. The laureate of the I degree in the III, IV or V age groups who has scored more points than any other participant of the same age group and who permanently lives in Novosibirsk oblast may be recommended by the Jury to become a candidate for receiving the award in the sphere of “Support for the gifted youth” in the national project “Education”.
5.5. The winner of the Grand Prix of the Competition has an opportunity to perform a solo program or with one the Conservatoire student symphony orchestras in the following concert season.
5.6. The Jury has the right:
‒ not to award all the prizes and diplomas;
‒ share one prize among several participants;
‒ award the teachers for preparing the laureates of the Competition;
‒ establish special prizes and awards;
‒ award the Grand Prix (one for all the participants of the age groups).
The decision of the Jury is final and is not subject to reconsideration.
After all the auditions there will be a closing concert in which all the winners of the Competition will take part.
Attachment to the
Provision for holding the I International Competition «West — Siberia — East»: Piano Competition named after Е. М. Zinger
Program Requirements for the participants of the I International Competition «West — Siberia — East»: Piano Competition named after Е. М. Zinger
I age group
- Polyphony (J. S. Bach – Inventions, Little Preludes and Fugues).
- Two virtuoso etudes (А. Lemoine, C. Czerny-Germer, L. Schytte, А. Loschhorn and others.)
- A piece by a Russian or a Western European composer of the XIX-XX centuries up to the participant’s choice.
II age group
- S. Bach – Triple invention or one of the preludes and fugues from the Well-Tempered Clavier.
- Classical sonata allegro (J. Haydn, W. Mozart, L. Beethoven).
- Etude (М. Moshkovsky, А. Arensky, S. Rakhmaninov, F. Liszt, F. Chopin).
- Extensive piece by a Russian or a Western European composer of the XIX-XX centuries.
III age group
1 round (up to 20 minutes)
- Prelude and fugue by J. S. Bach from the Well-Tempered Clavier or by one of the Russian composers (S. Taneev, D. Shostakovich, R. Shchedrin).
- Classical sonata allegro (J. Haydn, W. Mozart, L. Beethoven, F. Schubert).
- Two concert etudes.
2 round (up to 20 minutes)
- Virtuoso piece.
- Cantilena piece.
- A piece by a Western European romantic composer (F. Schubert, F. Mendelssohn, R. Schuman, F. Chopin, J. Brahms) or a Russian composer of the XIX-XX centuries.
IV age group
1 round (up to 30 minutes)
- Two pieces of different character from partitas, suites (English, French) by J. S. Bach or a prelude and fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier.
- Virtuoso etude (F. Chopin, F. Liszt, C. Debussy, S. Lyapunov, S. Rakhmaninov, S. Prokofiev, A. Rubinstein, A. Skryabin, D. Ligeti).
- An extensive opus up to the participant’s choice or the first part of a classical sonata (sonata Allegro) J. Haydn, W. Mozart, L. Beethoven.
- Virtuoso opus.
2 round (up to 30 minutes)
A grand form up to the participant’s choice.
V age group
1 round (up to 30 minutes)
- Polyphony by a Russian composer (S. Taneev, P. Tchaikovsky, D. Shostakovich, R. Shchedrin, V. Zaderatsky).
- Two virtuoso etudes (one by F. Chopin, another should be chosen by the participant from the following list: F. Liszt, C. Debussy, S. Lyapunov, S. Rakhmaninov, S. Prokofiev, A. Skryabin, D. Ligeti).
- An opus up to the participant’s choice.
2 round (up to 40 minutes)
- Classical sonata (J. Haydn, W. А. Mozart, L. Beethoven), fully performed.
- An opus up to the participant’s choice.
A piano concerto (up to the participant’s choice):
- Mozart. Piano concerto № 23 in A major, KV 488
- Beethoven. Piano concerto № 3 in C minor, op. 37
- Chopin. Piano concerto № 1 E minor, op. 11
- Grieg. Piano concerto in A minor, op. 16
- Tchaikovsky. Piano concerto № 1 in B flat minor, op. 23
- Tchaikovsky. Piano concerto № 2 in C minor, op. 18
The concertos will be performed with one of the student symphony orchestras of the Conservatoire.
Programs which exceed the stated timing shall not be accepted for the Competition.
Application Form for the I International Competition «West — Siberia — East»: Piano Competition named after Е. М. Zinger
- Full Name
- Name of the educational organisation, form/year, address, contact numbers (with the city code), e-mail of the educational organisation
- Contact information of the participant (phone number, e-mail)
- Date of birth (DD/MM/Y) (a copy of the participant’s birth certificate or passport should be attached)
- Age group
- Teacher’s full name and contact number
(composer, name of the piece, opus, timimg)
In accordance with the Federal law of the Russian Federation of 27.07.2006 № 152-ФЗ «About Personal Data» I agree for processing of my personal data:
I have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the Competition:
Head of the Organisation:
(date, signature, print full name, seal)